Business Level 2 Apprenticeship at Kendal College
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised.
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including -
- Communicate in a business environment
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Principles or Providing Administrative Services
- Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Collate and Report data
- Manage Diary Systems
- Provide Administrative Support for Meetings
- Store and Retrieve Information
- Administer Finance
- Administer Human Resource Records
Functional skills in Maths, ICT and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in the professional area that your Apprenticeship is in.
Looking for Employment? See below for what to do next…
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not the NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
- Contact local businesses and see if they have any vacancies available.
You will be assessed by portfolio, some units via exam, and observations in the workplace. You will build a portfolio of evidence relating to your job. Your Tutor and Assessor will continually assess your work; this will ensure that you meet the necessary standards to achieve the Apprenticeship.
Functional skills and the will be assessed via exams.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
This course provides an excellent introduction to Business and Administration, giving you the skills and knowledge which can link to a variety of industries and job roles.
Progression onto the level 3 apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kendal College directly.