Introduction to Travel and Tourism BTEC Level 1 Diploma at Basingstoke College of Technology
The course covers a wide range of subjects including:
- The UK Travel and Tourism Sector
- Understanding Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
- Understanding the Nature and Effects of World Travel
- Development of the UK Travel and Tourism Sector
- Developing Customer Service Skills in Travel and Tourism
- UK Tourism Destinations
- European Holiday Destinations
- Worldwide Holiday Destinations
- Holiday Planning
- Preparing for Employment in Travel and Tourism
- Exploring Airports and Airlines
You should have 4 GCSEs at grade E or above including English and Maths or have successfully completed Entry Level qualifications through a Horizons or Foundations Studies programme.
The course is continuously assessed through assignments, projects and case studies. Students will develop a responsible and co-operative approach to working on their own and in groups. The course uses practical activities, presentations and involvement with local business wherever possible.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
This course is a recognised route into our Level 2 programme; students should aim for a merit or distinction grade to ensure progression.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.