Sport Level 3 at North Notts College (NNC)
About this Course
Our Level 3 course in Sport provides industry skills and specialist knowledge of sport, nutrition, anatomy and physiology to support into employment or further study in the industry.
You will also have the opportunity to study additional qualifications such as coaching, fitness instructing, emergency first aid and specialist awards such as Duke of Edinburgh, offering you extra skills and opportunities alongside your main study programme.
What will I study?
- Sports development
- Leadership in sport
- Exercise, health and fitness
- Organising a sports event
What are the entry requirements?
- GCSEs at Grade 5 or above, including in English and maths
- A successful interview with a course tutor
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Practical assessments
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance24+ Learners
An Advanced Learning Loan is available for this course for learners who are either aged 24 or over or aged 19 to 23 and already hold a full level 3 qualification. Contact the Enquiries Team on 01909 504500 for more information and clarification of eligibility.
What can I progress to?
- Foundation Degree in Sport and Exercise at Dearne Valley College
- BSc (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Performance (top-up course for the Foundation Degree) at Dearne Valley College
- Other university-level study
- A sport or fitness-related Apprenticeship
- Leisure industry
- Sports Coach
- PE Assistant
- Leisure centre assistant
- Sports Centre Officer
- Fitness Instructor
- Sports Maker
- Youth Worker
Why study here?
- Our sports teaching team bring specialist skills and experiences to the classroom, with backgrounds as managers in the leisure industry, as personal trainers and health professionals, and professional sports coaches.
- Specialist teaching by our industry-experienced professionals who bring their experiences into the classroom and their teaching
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.