Motorcycle Maintenance & Repair IMI Level 2 Diploma at Lambeth College
This course provides learners with the opportunity to study the repair and maintenance of motorcycles and motor scooters at an intermediate level. It takes place in purpose-built facilities where learners use the latest industry standard tools, equipment and current model motorcycles ranging from 50cc scooters to 2000cc custom cruisers and superbikes.Much of the course involves direct, hands-on work on the motorcycles and the use of a wide range of tools and equipment in addition to learning the principles and methods of a wide range of service and repair operations.
You will study the following topics:
- Health and safety and good housekeeping in the automotive industry
- Job roles in the automotive environment
- Materials, fabrication tools and measuring devices
- Routine motorcycle maintenance
- Motorcycle internal engine systems
- Motorcycle fuel, ignition, air and exhaust systems
- Motorcycle engine systems
- Removing and replacing motorcycle electrical and chassis components.
- Plus one of the following optional units:
- Identifying and agreeing motor vehicle customer service needs
- Motorcycle preparation and inspection
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 1 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 4 GCSEs at D grade or above, or an equivalent vocational qualification at Level 1, and have a commitment to study Maths and English to Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.