BTEC Level 3 Sport at Ysgol Emrys Ap Iwan
‘It is anticipated that the 2012 Olympic Games will further mobilise the UK’s enthusiasm for sport. This increase in participation will create fantastic opportunities for productive and effective sports practitioners’.
A BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport develops learners’ skills and understanding of work within a vocational context. The BTEC Level 3 qualification in Sport is a non-examination course. This allows you to build upon your knowledge as you progress through a coursework based qualification. Some of the units include fitness testing, body in action and practical sport. This course can be combined with BTEC Sport and Exercise Science lessons to achieve the Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A Levels.)
The course aims to answer questions such as:
- How can my sport be developed in society?
- How do I become qualified as a sports coach?
- How do I test my fitness levels?
- How does the body work in sport?
- How should I train to improve my fitness for my sport?
- What are the techniques and tactics of different sports?
- What skills do I need to work in the sports industry?
- What sports organisations are there and what do they do?
- Continuous Assessment
- Work-related assignments
- Coaching sessions
The course received excellent reports from external verifiers, who commented on the positive approach of the course leaders who enhanced the quality of the delivery.
The BTEC Level 3 Sport course is very adaptable to suit our learners’ needs. Learners can achieve either:
- Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport (1 A Level Equivalence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Sport (1½ A Level Equivalence)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (3 A Level Equivalence)
There can be progression to university courses in sports studies, teaching, leisure management and other related areas. It can also lead to potential employment in sports coaching, sports retail and fitness training.
NB – during the course you will have the opportunity to obtain additional sporting qualifications such as, Sports Leaders Award, First Aid, Football, Badminton coaching awards and also work alongside feeder primary schools.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Emrys Ap Iwan directly.