Automotive Vehicle Body Repair and Refinishing - Level 2 at South Devon College
As an Automotive Vehicle Body Repair and Refinishing apprentice at South Devon College, you will gain all of the knowledge, experience and qualifications required to prepare for a career in the automotive industry. To undertake an apprenticeship you will need to find a suitable employer - which the College will support you in finding - in order to enhance your theory and practical sessions (undertaken on block release) with real world skills and experience. Work-based assessments will be undertaken by industry-trained and fully qualified staff during your work placement.
What will I learn?
- How to safely use tools and equipment
- Applying fillers and foundation materials
- Preapring metal and pre-painted surfaces
- Repairing minor paint defects
- Removing and refitting permanent-fix motor vehicle body panels
- Plastic materials and components
- You will be required to be working towards achieving Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to be working towards achieving English at Level 1
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.