Public Services BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Preston's College
This advanced level course provides the perfect grounding for a career or further study in this exciting industry, with the opportunity to study the various public services such as the emergency services, Armed Forces and HM Revenue and Customs in more detail.
Units of study:
– Government, policies and the public services
– Leadership and teamwork in the public services
– Citizenship, diversity and the public services
– Understanding discipline in the uniformed public services
– Understand the impact of war, conflict and terrorism on public services
– Outdoor and adventurous expeditions
– Skills for land-based outdoor and adventurous activities
– Crime and its effects on society
– Responding to emergency service incidents
– Planning and management of major incidents
– Career planning for the public services
– Police powers in the public services
– Behaviour in public sector employment
– Custodial care services
– Aspect of the legal system and law making process
– Current and media affairs in public services
– Practical team sports
You need five GCSEs at A*-C grade. A GCSE at grade C in either English or maths with a minimum grade D for the other subject.
You will be assessed through the completion of practical, vocational based tasks and theoretical activities and assignments.
Successful completion of this programme may allow progression to university level courses or to employment in a variety of public service roles.
The qualification is relevant to the following careers:
– Armed Forces
– Police, fire and ambulance services
– HM Revenue &Customs
– Prison Service
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Preston's College directly.