Dance AQA AS Level (Linear) at Poynton High School
- 5 grade Cs or above at GCSE level, including a C or above in this subject if previously studied at GCSE. Previous Contemporary Dance experience is highly desirable, with knowledge of choreography, performance and analysis.
- Component 1 Performance and choreography 50% of AS
- Component 2 Critical engagement 50% of AS
- Section A: Own practice – short answer questions – total 15 marks.
- Section B: Compulsory area of study – short answer questions – total 15 marks.
- Section C: Compulsory and optional area of study – essay questions – total 50 marks
A Level Dance nurtures talent and develops numerous transferable skills. Many students find that the independence and responsibility required to achieve in this subject are an excellent preparation for the future. Students are required to communicate, perform in front of an audience, work as a team and indeed teach each other during the course. A Level Dance students have gained places at world renowned training schools including Northern School of Contemporary Dance, The Northern Ballet School and The Laban Centre and have also gone on to study a range of courses including Law, Nursing, Criminology and English Literature.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Poynton High School directly.