Plastering Diploma Level 2 at St Helens College
This course is for those who want to develop a career within the plastering industry.
With this course, you'll be able to complete a variety of detailed plastering tasks including repair work as well as developing your ability to interpret information by working out materials required and costings for a variety of projects.
During this course, you will cover the following:
- Applying plaster materials to internal surfaces
- Applying render materials to external surfaces
- Drying lining and plasterboard products to interiors
- Forming sand and cement screeds
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Positioning and securing fibrous plaster components
- Producing fibrous plaster components
- Understanding construction technology
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to gain some work experience within the construction industry.
You should have successfully completed the level 1 study programme in plastering. You must also have a passion for working within the construction industry and commitment to your studies.
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career. But don't worry, if you haven't got the desired grades, we will still have a course available for you.
You will be assessed by a range of practical and online assessments.
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2016), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will have the necessary skills to progress onto a traineeship or an apprenticeship within the construction industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.