Art and Design Level 2 Diploma at Banbury and Bicester College
If your plan is to pursue a career in an art or craft-related specialism, then this could be the course for you.
This intermediate level course is designed to give you a broad base of knowledge and experience to prepare you for employment or for progression onto one of our Level 3 pathways in either, art and design, fashion and clothing, graphic design or photography.
Over the one year course you will learn by completing projects and assignments using a broad range of techniques, processes and materials. Areas covered include workshops in photography, fine art, textiles, graphic design, fashion, ceramics, sculpture and metalwork.
You study these units of work over the year::
• Unit 1: Introduction to materials, processes and technical skills in art and design
• Unit 2: Introduction to contextual research in art and design
• Unit 3: Introduction to drawing skills
• Unit 4: Introduction to communication skills in art and design
• Unit 5: Solving 2D creative problems
• Unit 6: Solving 3D creative problems
• Unit 7: Solving time-based creative problems
And either of the following:
• Unit 8: Developing and producing a personal project in art and design at Level 2
• Unit 9: Developing and producing a personal project in art and design at Level 3
Applicants for a Level 2 programme will normally have:
• at least 4 GCSEs at Grade D or above and/or a completed Level 1 award
• GCSEs to include English and Maths at Grade D or above or Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications
• the willingness to study for an additional qualification in English and/or Maths
If you are interested in a Level 2 programme and have alternative qualifications you would like us to consider please contact us with your details.
Applicants will be invited to attend an interview and complete an internal assessment. All students will have their literacy and numeracy needs supported within the programme.
The course is designed to give you a broad base of knowledge and experience to prepare you for employment or for progression onto one of our Level 3 pathways in either, art and design, fashion and clothing, graphic design or photography.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Banbury and Bicester College directly.