Horse Care Level 2 Diploma at Bridgwater College
This course is suitable for anyone who is starting out on a career in the equine industry. The programme is designed to give you basic knowledge; understanding and skills required to work or undertake further study within the equine sector.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Introduction to Horse Biology
- Work-related experience
- Grooming, Trimming & Plaiting
- Horse behaviour and welfare
- Introduction to riding horses
- Undertake routine yard duties/Feeding & watering horses/Handling horses
- At least five GCSEs in the A* - E range, including English and Maths or an appropriate level 1 qualification
- You need to be able to walk, trot and canter safely
- Successful interview
- Riding assessment
- Practical work
- Written Coursework
Successful completion means you can progress on to the C&G/NPTC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Horse Management, or find employment at assistant level in a range of establishments, including riding schools, livery yards and competition yards.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.