Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education & School Sport Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Carshalton College
The Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical Education and School Sport is designed to provide a vocational pathway into the provision of children’s physical activity and school sport delivery and development.
The Units you will cover include::
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Understand child and young person development
- Support assessment for learning
- Plan a physical education and school sport programme
- Deliver a physical education and school sport programme
- Review the delivery of a physical education and school sport programme
- Organise and lead a sport event or competition
- Preparing for the mentoring role
- Support gifted and talented learners
- Facilitate community-based sport and physical activity
Applicants should have completed a relevent Level 2 Sports qualification, this could include:
- BTEC Level 2 in Sport
- National Governing Body Level 2 coaching qualifications
You will need excellent references and sit an interview with Carshalton College and the employer.
An excellent record of attendance and punctuality is also required.
Combined (competence and knowledge qualification)
Students must complete the following combined (competence and knowledge) qualifications to successfully achieve this apprenticeship:
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport (QCF)
Employee rights and responsibilities qualification
Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning (QCF)
Functional skills qualifications
Learners must complete the following Functional Skills qualifications to successfully achieve this apprenticeship: Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2
Functional Skills Qualification in maths at Level 2
Once you complete this Advanced Apprenticeship you will be suitably qualified with the knowledge, understanding and competency to deliver, plan, organise and assess the learning of children in a range of environments including the community and schools. This can lead to employment in a school as a Teaching Assistant.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carshalton College directly.