Engineering - Performing Manufacturing Operations Level 2 Apprenticeship (ENG1) at Barnsley College
The Improving Operational Performance apprenticeship equips learners with the basic skills and knowledge to carry out a range of engineering and manufacturing processes at semi-skilled and operator level.
• Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
• Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
• Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- You will need to be at least 16 years of age and hold three GCSEs at grade A*-D, plus GCSE English at grade 3 and GCSE maths at grade 4 or above
- You need to be employed within an engineering role or have an employer in this area willing to take you on as an apprentice
You will be assessed by your assessor using a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstrations and assignments. You will be assessed both in college and in your workplace.
You may be eligible for assistance with expenses such as travel, books, equipment and childcare.
For further information please contact the Student Services Team on +44 (0)1226 216 114.
Upon completion you could progress onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering or apply for job roles including:
• Metal Operatives
• Machine Operatives
• Maintenance Operative
We have a dedicated team available to provide information on all of our courses and to help you to make the right choices about your future. The team are based at the Old Mill Lane site.
Drop in: Monday – Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Tel: 01226 216 123
Our Information Advisers visit schools and provide impartial information about training and education options for school leavers.
They can help with: • Applying for courses • Arranging taster days and visits to College • Information about course requirements
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.