Sport - Performance & Excellence - Football BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Milton Keynes College
Do you have a keen interest in football? Is your goal to work within the football industry? Do you currently play to a high standard and want to develop your skills and ability while gaining further qualifications? Then this course is for you.
Topics will include:
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Principles of anatomy and physiology in sport
- The physiology of fitness
- Assessing risk in sport
- Fitness training and programming
- Sport nutrition
- Technical and tactical skills in sports
- The athlete’s lifestyle
- Practical team sports
- Organising sports events
- Psychology for sports performance
- Sports coaching
- Analysis of sports performance
- Rules, regulations and officiating in sport
- Talent identification and development in sport
- Current issues in sport
- Exercise, health & lifestyle
- Sports injuries
- Profiling sports performance.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A-C or above to include GCSE English and maths
- successful completion of Level 2 Sports Studies: Football
- A successful football trial to demonstrate your football skills and levels of fitness.
Mature/International candidates will be considered on an individual basis.
You will be continually assessed throughout the course using a variety of assessment methods including written assessments, worksheets, practical and presentations.
Some assessments will be completed whilst on trips. There will also be performance monitoring during training and fixtures that will determine the position played.
After successful completion of this course you can:
- Enter employment with the sport industry in roles including:
- * Football coach
*Professional/semi-professional football player
*Various roles within the fitness industry
- Progress onto the HND Health and Sport programme offered by MK College
- Progress onto Higher Education/University.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.