Pipefitting Apprenticeship – Intermediate Apprenticeship at GEN II Engineering & Technology Training Ltd
Pipefitters fabricate pipework and supports using detailed engineering drawings, cutting, shaping and bending pipe in preparation for welding. Often working alongside welders they connect piping efficiently and safely, sometimes in difficult conditions.
Job opportunities are expected to be excellent as demand for skilled pipefitters is expected to outpace the supply of workers trained in this craft. Many employers report difficulty finding potential workers with the right qualifications.
- General health and safety in engineering construction
- Specific pipefitting safety and safe working conditions
- Technical drawings
- Use of basic hand and power tools
- Cutting and preparing pipe and plate tack welding
- Cold bending ferrous and non ferrous pipe
- Fabricating pipework and supports,
- Assembling and installing pipework systems
- Preparing and testing pipework systems
- Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations or Certificate in Engineering Construction Activities
- City and Guilds Certificate in Engineering
Preferred results: GCSE Grades A-C in Mathematics, English and Science. Although employer requirements may vary. Successfully pass the Gen2 aptitude testing. Satisfactory reference.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact GEN II Engineering & Technology Training Ltd directly.