Sport BTEC Level 3 at Pimlico Academy
The course consists of seven units:
1. Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport, this explores the cardiovascular system, musculoskeletal system, respiratory and energy systems.
2. The Physiology of Fitness, how the body system are effected by exercise over a long and short period.
3. Assessing Risk in Sport, the legislation the impacts on sport
4. Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercises, know how to test for specific element of fitness.
5. Practical Individual Sports, develop and understand and practical ability of every element of two sports
6. Technical and Tactical Skills in Sports, be able to assess the technical ability of a sports performer within a sporting environment.
7. The Athletes Lifestyles, know how every part of your life can impact in sport
- Students should have a keen interest in sport.
- Students will be required to undertake physical fitness testing, and two sports to a high level of understanding.
- All students require an strong PE GCSE at A*- C .
- Students should have a good understanding of what makes a good performer in their chosen sport.
- Having a good science background will be an advantage
You will be assessed through 100% coursework, consisting of written assignments, formal presentations, and lab reports.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Pimlico Academy directly.