Sport Level 3 Cambridge Extended Certificate at Archbishop Blanch C of E High School
- Body Systems and the effects of physical activity: This module will help you to understand the effects that physical activity, training and a healthy lifestyle can have on the body systems
- Sports Coaching & Leadership: This unit gives you an understanding of the theory behind what makes a good sports coach / leader and methods that can be employed to improve the performance of sports participants. You will develop your skills to be able to effectively plan and deliver a series of sports activity sessions.
- Sports Organisations & development : This unit will give you an understanding of the complexity of the sports organisations we have in the UK, their roles and responsibilities and how they work together to develop sport.
- Sports & exercise Psychology: In this unit you will learn that people have different motivations for participating in sport and how performance can be managed through an understanding of different psychological theories.
- Sports Injuries & Rehabilitation: In this unit you will learn how to recognise & treat common injuries both through immediate & long term rehabilitation programmes. You will also look at the possible psychological impact of sports injuries on performers & how to minimise the risk of sports injuries occurring in the first instance.
This is a fantastic new course that combines the content of A level without the outcome being reliant on just an exam. Assessment comes through a variety of methods including observations, Q&A, written evidence and simulation. Units are internally and externally assessed & verified by an external moderator. This course enables a wide breadth of study including anatomy, physiology and psychology which will tie in well with other science subjects and lead onto a wide range of university degrees.
5 GCSE’s A*-C
Body Systems & the Effects of Physical Activity- 90 Guided Learning Hours Sports Coaching & leadership -90 Guided Learning Hours Sports organisations & development - 60 Guided Learning Hours Sport and Exercise Psychology-. 60 Guided Learning Hours Sports Injuries & rehabilitation – 60 Guided Learning Hours.
- Anatomy and physiology Externally marked. 1.hr 30 mins. 70 marks. Written paper which comprises of multiple choice, short answer & extended response answers. OCR set and marked
- Sports Coaching & Leadership: Internally marked.
- Sports Organisation & Development: Externally marked. 1 Hour. 60 Marks. Written paper which comprises of multiple choice, short answer & extended response answers. OCR set and marked
- Sport & Exercise Psychology. Internally marked. Sports Injuries & rehabilitation: Internally marked.
The Level 3 extended certificate is a good foundation for a variety of careers including, teaching services, leisure management, sports science, psychology, physiology, sports injury, chiropractic occupational therapy, sports journalism, police force and nursing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Archbishop Blanch C of E High School directly.