Sport BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Helston Community College
The Level 3 BTEC course is being revised at the time of printing so the version exact details of the course off er are still subject to change.
You have an interest in sport and the sports industry. You enjoy a range of practical sports and are willing to research further into the structure of the sport and how it is funded, organised and run from National to local level. You have an interest in other sport related areas such as sports injury and prevention and how the body responds and adapts to sports performance. You are interested in developing your sports leadership skills. This is a 2 year course which attracts UCAS points equivalent to 2 GCE A Levels.
There are 9 mandatory units that learners must complete, 7 of these are assessed through internal coursework and portfolios and two are externally assessed through controlled assessment and examination.
The Mandatory Units are:
- Anatomy and Physiology (externally assessed)
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being (externally assessed)
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry (internally assessed)
- Application of Fitness Testing (internally assessed)
- Sports Psychology (internally assessed)
- Coaching for Performance (internally assessed)
- Technical and Tactical Demands of Sport (internally assessed)
- The Athlete’s Lifestyle (internally assessed)
- Sports Performance Analysis (internally assessed)
Learners must complete 1 optional unit which will be Practical Sports Performance where students will be assessed on their practical skills.
This course is an A-Level standard course and students must have C grades in English or Maths. If students have completed Level 2 BTEC they must have gained a merit in order to start the Level 3.
The majority of students progress onto university to follow sport related courses, for example, sport science, sport therapy, coaching, management or teaching. Others may use the points to enter the forces. Employers also value the qualifi cation.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Helston Community College directly.