Beauty Therapy Level 3 Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our hair, beauty and holistic therapy courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like Champney’s, Dermalogica, Aqua-Sana, Centre Parcs and Wella.
- The opportunity to help run Hart Salon, working with real, paying customers
- Visits to businesses and major events such as Salon International, Pro Hair Live, Baber UK, Victoria & Albert Museum and Professional Beauty Show
- Workshops including hair extension workshops, Wella London workshop, The Henna Mehadi workshop and Stone Therapy workshop.
Our courses will provide you with expertise in all aspects of beauty therapy including facials, manicure, pedicure, waxing, lash and brow treatments, make-up, body massage, permanent hair removal, face and body electrotherapy treatments, and microdermabrasion. Additionally, you’ll develop retailing and reception skills and learn how to provide skin analysis, figure diagnosis, as well as dietary and exercise advice, with all treatments relating to a good understanding of anatomy and physiology and how the body works.
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Health and safety
- Facials and eye treatments
- Manicure and pedicure
- Cosmetic makeup
- Anatomy and physiology
- Reception and customer care
- Promoting products and services.
- Level 2 diploma in beauty therapy
- Three GCSEs grade C or above in academic subjects, including English
- A successful interview; demonstrating interest, enthusiasm and committment
- The ability to undertake research and work independently
This course is assessed through assignments, projects, practical and online tests. You’ll also sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
This programme is eligible for Advanced Learner Loans.
Possible charges for any trips or visits offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance.
Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
- Level 3 courses including level 3 diploma in beauty therapy and the diploma in theatrical and media makeup
- Paid employment in the sector
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.