Health and Social Care Level 2 Diploma at CSM Training
The Health & Social Care qualification covers care workers, personal assistants, domiciliary care workers community, support and outreach workers, supervisors, healthcare assistants. It's suitable for those working in the NHS, with private health care or social care providers, local authorities and voluntary organisations.
Around 20 – 24 weeks but the exact timescale will be agreed at the initial planning meetings.
The Mandatory units are:
- Unit 1 Introduction to Communication in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Unit 2 Introduction to Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young Peoples Settings
- Unit 3 Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Unit 4 Introduction to Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Unit 5 Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
- Unit 6 The Role of the Health and Social Care Worker
- Unit 7 Implement Person - Centred Approaches in Health and Social Care
- Unit 8 Contribute to Health and Safety in Health and Social Care
- Unit 9 Handle Information in Health and Social Care Settings
There are also a number of optional units that will be chosen at the initial planning meeting.
Example of these units are:
- Unit 36 Administer Medication to Individuals and Monitor the Effects
- Unit 41 Understand and Meet the Nutritional Requirements of Individuals with Dementia
- Unit 45 Provide support for Therapy Sessions
- Unit 56 Support Care Plan Activities
On completion of this qualification, learners may move to the social care sector or progress onto the L3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact CSM Training directly.