Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 at York College
Level 1 units include:
- Safe Working Practices in Construction Level 1
- Information, Quantities and Communications Level 1
- Knowledge of Building Construction Level 1
- Basic Block Laying Skills
- Basic Bricklaying Skills
- Basic Cavity Walling
- Contribute to Setting Out Basic Masonry Structures
All students will be expected to work towards completion of a Level 2 English and Maths qualification (as required) alongside this course to enable progression onto the Level 2 Diploma.
Level 2 units include:
- Safe Working Practices in Construction Level 2
- Information, Quantities and Communications Level 2
- Knowledge of Building Construction Level 2
- How to Interpret Working Drawings to Set Out Masonry Structures
- Knowledge of Thin Joint Masonry and Masonry Cladding
- How to Build Solid Walling, Isolates and Attached Piers
- How to Build Cavity Walling Forming Masonry Structures
Assessment in practical skills is continuous with end of year assignments.
On completion of each Diploma students can progress onto the next level where appropriate, or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, then higher level courses in Construction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact York College directly.