Business A Level at Central Foundation Boys School
The course offers you practical experience and a holistic understanding of the world of business through visits to businesses and visits by business professionals.
A-level Business Studies helps students:
- develop a critical understanding of organisations, the markets they serve and the process of adding value
- be aware that business behaviour can be studied from the perspectives of a range of stakeholders · acquire a range of skills including decision-making and problem-solving
- be aware of the current structure of business and business practice.
What I will learn on this course:
- What is business
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business (A Level only)
- Choosing strategic direction (A Level only)
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies (A Level only)
- Managing strategic change (A Level only)
To study Business as part of a full A level programme you will need an average GCSE point score of 6 (B) including a minimum of grade 6 (B) in both Maths and English.
Students will be able to choose a range business degrees, including: Accounting, Administration and Information Technology, Financial Services, Human Resource Management and Business Management. Other related courses could include law, sports management and IT.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central Foundation Boys School directly.