Cultural and Heritage Venue Operations Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Wiltshire College
This intermediate level apprenticeship is ideal for those who work in, or want to work in the Creative and Cultural Sector and is included within relevant apprenticeship frameworks issued by Creative and Cultural Skills.
Upon completion, learners will be able to demonstrate competence in a support role such as; wardens, attendants, assistants, volunteers and part time staff. Learners will also have the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge related to their specified job roles within the sector and to develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
Learners are required to complete the following mandatory units which are equal to 6 credits:
• Assist with Incidents and Emergency Procedures
• Contribute to the Care of a Cultural Venue Premise
• Working with Colleagues
Learners are also required to achieve 24 credits from the following units:
• Apply Preventive Conservation Measures for Cultural Heritage*
• Apply Procedures for the Management of Cultural Heritage Collections
• Assist Customers, Visitors or Audiences in Getting the Best from their Experience of a Creative or Cultural Organisation
• Assisting with Daily Financial Issues
• Build Cultural Heritage Exhibitions and Displays
• Catalogue Objects and Collections
• Contribute to the Care of Cultural Heritage Objects*
• Control the Security of a Cultural Venue
• Deliver Learning or Interpretation Activities in a Creative and Cultural Context
• Deliver Reliable Customer Service
• Develop Learning Materials for Use in a Creative and Cultural Context
• Ensure Responsibility for Actions to Reduce Risks to Health and Safety
• Give Customers a Positive Impression of Yourself and Your Organisation
• Handle, Clean and Reposition Cultural Heritage Objects*
• Handle, Pack and Transport Cultural Heritage Items and Objects
• Identity and Cultural Diversity
• Introduction to Ethics and Professional Judgment for Cultural Heritage Conservation
• Maintain Competence and Undertake Work-Related Learning in the Creative and Cultural Sector
• Make and Maintain Conservation Records for Cultural Heritage
• Make Copies or Representations of Items of Heritage
• Manage and Market Own Freelance Services
• Monitor the Security and Environment of Cultural Heritage Objects*
• Promote and Sell Goods and Services in a Creative and Cultural Organisation
• Protect Cultural Heritage through Basic Conservation Measures*
• Provide Guided Tours in a Cultural Venue
• Provide Information on a Cultural Heritage Collection
• Provide Interpretation for Creative and Cultural Exhibitions or Displays
• Raise Funds for a Creative and Cultural Organisation
• Set Up and Maintain Conservation Equipment
• Store and Retrieve Information
• Supervise and Support the Work of Others in Creative and Cultural Contexts*
• Support Fundraising for a Creative and Cultural Organisation*
• Support Learning Activities in a Creative and Cultural Context
• Support Marketing Activities in a Creative and Cultural Context*
• Support the Organisation of Creative or Cultural Events or Exhibitions
• Taking Responsibility for Work in a Creative and Cultural Context
• Understanding the Core Knowledge Needed by those who Work with Children and Young People
• Undertake Marketing Activities in a Creative and Cultural Context
• Undertake Routine Conservation Treatments for Cultural Heritage*
• Work Effectively with Other People in a Creative and Cultural Context
• Work with Volunteers in a Creative and Cultural Context*
Tasks undertaken by Apprentices will vary depending on the level and sector in which they are employed.
Learners must complete or have completed one of the English transferable skills qualifications, one of the Mathematical transferable skills qualifications and one of the ICT transferable skills qualifications listed in the Cultural and Heritage
The link in the above text calls for a minimum of GCSE grade 'E' in English, Maths and ICT
What is included in the framework?
- Competence Level 2 Certificate in Cultural Heritage Level 2
- Knowledge Level 2 Award in Principles of the Cultural Heritage Sector Level 2
- Skills Element Functional Skills English Level 1
- Skills Element Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Skills Element Functional Skills ICT Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities & Personal Learning Thinking Skills
Duration of the course
12 months minimum
Assessment and Method of Delivery:
The Competence element will be assessed in the workplace using evidence to build a portfolio. You will have access to the college resources for research and support.
A mixture of on and off the job training provides a variety of learning opportunities across the whole programme.
If you have achieved GCSE Grade E+ in maths, English and ICT, then you may not need to complete the Functional Skills parts of the framework.
The Knowledge element will be assessed during a course of study by attendance in College (or on the employers premises, if applicable) on a one day per month basis, in the following areas:
• Awareness of Health and Safety in the Creative and Cultural Sector
• Understand Features of the Creative and Cultural Industry
• Delivery of Effective Customer Service
Learners may progress within the AIM Awards Suite of Creative and Cultural Qualifications for example to the AIM Awards Level 3 Diploma in Live Events and Promotion (QCF) and/or into employment in the sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wiltshire College directly.