Art & Design: Fine Art Edexcel AS & A Level at Ifield Community College
- Unit 1 – Personal investigation unit (Themed)
- Unit 2 – Externally set assignment (10 Hours)
- Unit 3 – Personal investigation unit (Written personal study + practical outcome)
- Unit 4 – Externally set assignment (15 Hours)
Compulsory elements for each unit:
- 2D and 3D art work in a wide range of media
- A3 sketchbook studies
- Presentation boards (A1 and A2 size)
- Final major outcome
To study a Level 3 subject the prospective student must have at least 5 GCSE A*-C grades including a C in English Language and Mathematics. There are some subject specific entry requirements, they are as follows:
- C grade in GCSE Art or
- C grade in GCSE Art & Design or
- C grade in GCSE Textiles
The Art Department will provide work journals at a cost of £5.00 each.
Students will need to provide themselves with a range of resources (particularly paints) to undertake independent work at home and in college.
It is expected that students will make maximum use of the Sixth Form art room when not in timetabled lessons.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ifield Community College directly.