Brickwork Level 3 Diploma CITB at Brockenhurst College
- To provide a specialist work-related qualification in the construction environment.
- To prepare you for employment and/or to provide career development opportunities for those already in work.
The content of the course is very diverse and challenging to prepare you for work in the industry. A multi skilled operative is always in demand and the benefit of skills and knowledge will help you become more employable or quite simply able to do tasks you never thought you would have the opportunity of accomplishing.
Work experience is a compulsory element to this course. This can done either through your own contacts or via the college projects, all require health & safety checks prior to starting and agreed length of time.
You will also be required to demonstrate that you are actively seeking employment within your chosen sector and we will be encouraging and supporting you all the way.
This is a practical, work-related course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations and activities.
It introduces you to the employment area you have chosen and provides a good basis to go on to a more advanced work-related qualification.
The course is made up of units covering:
- Health & Safety
- Information, quantities and communication
- Knowledge of building methods
- How to interpret working drawings
- How to carry out thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
- How to build solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- How to build cavity walling to form masonry structures
Literacy and Numeracy at appropriate level.
For learners who have recently been in education their profile is likely to include one of the following:
- Level 1 Brickwork
- Level 2 Brickwork
- Appropriate GCSEs (normally at least two passes at grade D or above, to include Mathematics and English).
Assessment will be carried out as you progress through the course. This will be in the form of multi choice exams, one assignment and practical assessments.
Compulsory £115 for corporate clothing, safety shoes, text book, classroom equipmeApprenticeship routes.
Please contact either the course tutor or ask to speak to the college apprenticeship coordinator for further assistance.nt and CSCS exam. All exam re-sits are £20 each.
Safety shoes must be worn when in the workshop.
With further training or study, students may progress into careers or qualifications in the Construction industry including:
- Self employment
- HNC in Construction
- Site manager
This Diploma in Bricklaying prepares you for employment and provides a good grounding to go on to a more advanced trade course, such as:
- An Apprenticeship in Construction NVQ Level 3
All courses incorporate Functional Skills.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brockenhurst College directly.