Carpentry and Joinery at North Lancs Training Group (NLTG)
What is Carpentry and Joinery?
As an apprentice carpenter/joiner, you will receive comprehensive training in a variety of skills such as manufacturing joinery, site carpentry and specialist joinery. The work of a carpenter/joiner is varied and you could find yourself working for a joinery manufacturing company or site carpentry firm.
What training will I receive?
The training covers the use of hand tools such as saws, hammers, chisels etc and power tools such as drills, jigsaws etc. You may find that your training as a carpenter/joiner involves travel to different locations from building sites to domestic homes.
You will be trained in a highly practical job under the guidance of an experienced carpenter/joiner.
If you are following an Apprenticeship programme, you will attend a day release at college with a minimal amount of block release.
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship:
NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Joinery plus the Site or Bench Diploma/Technical Certificate
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
• All vacancies are jobs from day one
• Your training will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
• You will receive an attractive wage/salary during training
• We have a dedicated team to support you with your English and maths skills
• We operate an equality and diversity policy
• All employers are appraised for health and safety
• We will visit you regularly during your training
• Your training will be full and varied
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.