Product Design - Graphic Products at The Burgate School and Sixth Fom centre
This is a respected and sought after A Level for those intending to pursue a career in the design or communication industries.
AS level Graphic Products is comprised of two units
- Unit 1 requires you to produce a portfolio of creative work based upon 3 distinct modules to demonstrate creativity and flair when investigating, designing and making products.
- Unit 2 will develop your knowledge and understanding of a wide range of materials and processes used in the field of design and technology, along with industrial and commercial practices, and the importance of quality control.
A2 Graphic Products is also comprised of 2 separate units
- Unit 3 is a Commercial Design task worth 30% of the overall A Level grade where you will be given the opportunity to design and make a product of their choice that should have a real commercial use.
- Unit 4 will develop your knowledge and understanding of a range of modern design and manufacturing practices and contemporary design issues.
- At least six A*- C grades at GCSE, including English Language and a grade B in a suitable Design and Technology subject or by negotiation supported by a portfolio of related work.
- A creative nature and a genuine enthusiasm for designing and making products are essential assets, coursework can be demanding of energy and time.
Higher education and career pathways include, Animation, Advertising, Architecture, Film/Set Design, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Illustration, Model Making, Multi Media Development, Product Design, Teaching, Web Design.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Burgate School and Sixth Fom centre directly.