Bridging Course at Milton Keynes College
Is your goal to achieve C grades in Maths and English and progress to further learning? Do you want to work within Childcare or Health and Social Care or even progress to University? This course will help you achieve the grades in Maths and English to apply to undertake further learning at level 3 which is equivalent to A level’s.
- GCSE study programme in Maths and English
- A Certificate in Introduction to Mental Health which you will develop a portfolio of evidence to gain a Level 2 Certificate
- You will undertake 100 hours of practical work experience in Childcare or Health and Social Care settings. This will give you the opportunity to acquire practical knowledge and skills. Attendance both at College and work placements is essential.
The entry criteria is a grade D in Maths and English.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways including:
- Awarding body set assignments
- Controlled assessments
- Placement feedback
- Final exams
Upon successful completion of this course you can progress to the following:
- An A Level pathway programme
- Any Level 3 course within Childcare or Health and Social Care
- Enter employment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.