Business Studies Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a challenging career in business? Could you benefit from useful, vocational skills? This course prepares you for a career in variety of business areas, including management, finance, law, retail and human resources. It also allows you to gain multiple qualifications and learn how to start your own business.
In addition to your core modules, you may specialise in one of the following pathways:
- Retail (available at Rhos-on-Sea)
- Applied Law (available at Rhos-on-Sea)
- Personal and Business Finance (available at Rhos-on-Sea)
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (available at Bangor, Dolgellau, Pwllheli and Rhos-on-Sea).
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grades A*-C, or
- Level 2 Business Studies (Merit or above)
- Entry requirements vary depending on the pathway chosen; this will be discussed at your interview
- A range of professional and life experience may be taken into account, regardless of qualifications
- Preference will be given to students with 6 GCSEs grades A*-C to include English, Welsh, Maths or ICT.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Completion of the programme can lead to a range of options in employment and education.
You could proceed onto a number of higher education programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
BA (Hons) Management and Business, available at:
Foundation Degree (FdA) Management and Business, available at:
HND / HNC Business Studies, available at:
You could also take our AAT courses to train in accounting, which are available at:
If you choose to progress directly into employment, you will be able to gain specialised administrative work in various public and private sector contexts. You may also use your skills and qualifications to develop a part-time or casual job into a profession. Alternatively, you could enter a management training programme to advance your career.
- Human Resources Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Office Manager
- Retail Manager
Programme code: 1503B03B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.