Professional Cookery C&G Level 3 Diploma at Macclesfield College
This course combines complex practical work in the kitchen with related underpinning
knowledge and it is a nationally recognised qualification that will enhance your employment opportunities. If you wish to seek advanced catering training then this course may be for you.
During the Course you will study both compulsory and optional units.
Compulary units will include the following:
- Developing productive working relationships with colleagues
- Maintaining the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Maintaining food safety when storing and preparing food
- Monitoring and maintaining the health, safety and security of workers, customers and other members of the general public
Optional units will include the following:
- Prepare and cook complex meat dishes
- Prepare and cook complex fish dishes
- Prepare and cook complex poultry dishes
- Prepare and cook complex soup dishes
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade C or above. If you have achieved a grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths, you will engage in extending these skills through a Directed Study Programme.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
- An NVQ Level 2 in Food and Beverage Services/Hospitality Services /Professional Cookery
- Have relevant industry background
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
You will be assessed in the Silk Room production kitchen where you will, over the course of the year, build a portfolio of evidence
practically. Each unit will then be tested towards the underpinning knowledge questions.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
You will require your own kitchen uniform, knife set and books. You will be provided with a list and advised of these costs at your admissions interview.
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to seek emplyment as a chef. If you are currently employed in the sector then this qualification may lead to improved prospects or promotion.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Macclesfield College directly.