Geography A Level at London Academy
Students who complete A Level Geography develop significant skills in literacy, data analysis, management and teamwork through the investigation of local, national and global management projects. The course is designed to increase your knowledge of the complexities of the world around you and provides a strong connection to many other subjects including economics, law, biology and business.
The EdExcel course you will follow throughout AS/A2 covers the following topics: Dangerous hazards and Risks (local and global)
- Volcanoes and Earthquakes
- Globalisation (Global Business Investigations: Apple/Coca-Cola)
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- Development Economics and Global Exploitation
- Energy Resources
- Global Conflict and Risk of War
- Super Powers: Who will rule the world?
- Coastal Environments
- Changing Cities of the Future
During the AS Year you will complete fieldwork that will require you to attend an out of school field trip to Blackpool to collect data and develop your geographical skills.
You need to have gained at least 5 A* - C grades at GCSE including English and a humanities subject.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact London Academy directly.