Geography GCSE at Grange Technology College
You will tackle world issues by asking questions and finding answers. We report, analyse and explain our environmental responsibilities. Looking at commerce, trade and industry we explain global interdependence, cultural understanding and tolerance.
For further information contact Mr P Slade, Subject Leader
Specific Learning Outcomes
- Water - rivers and their management
- Climate Change - what is it? will it effect me?
- Globalisation - investigating the interdepenence of our world
- Development - is it equal? what affects it?
- Living in an active zone - investigating the dangers caused by our planet
- Changing populations - influences and future patterns
- Weather and climate
- Tourism - for controlled assessment
- Retail and urban change - how do our cities and towns change.
What do I need to succeed on this course?:
- A curiosity about the world around you, a concern and 'interest' in our planet
- A general knowledge from the news, from reading and from asking adults about their experiences
- An enthusiasm to study in a variety of different ways
- As Geography is linked to the Science Curriculum an interest in Science would be advantageous
You will be assessed during 2 formal written examinations:
- One at the end of year 10 = 40%
- One at the end of year 11 = 35%
You will also complete work as 'Controlled Assessment'. This is based on the work you will complete during your Residential Field Work with and write up in school.
- Controlled Assessment = 25% of the final grade.
- Professional and Social Services
- Leisure Travel and Tourism
- Management and Administration
- Environmental Management
- Scientific Services
- Business and Finance
- Information Services
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grange Technology College directly.