Core Mathematics at Boston High School
Core Mathematics is a level 3 course and is the equivalent to an AS level qualification. Students will develop their use and understanding of Mathematics to make decisions about real‐life scenarios. The content includes analysing and presenting data, using Mathematics for personal finance (including APR, AER and tax!) and modelling statistical investigations.
This course supports Mathematical skills found in Biology, Psychology, Economics or Geography.
You need ...
- Grade 4 /5 atGCSE
- To have a strong work ethic and enjoy investigations and discussing Mathematics.
Two 1 hour 30 minutes examinations taken at the end of Year 12.
Paper 1 ‐ compulsory content
Paper 2 ‐ Optional content 2A (statistical techniques)
Where are your students now?
- University of Sheffield ‐ Computer Science
- University of Leicester ‐ Medicine
- Imperial College London ‐ Biochemistry
- University of Warwick ‐ Chemistry
- University of York ‐ Physics
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Boston High School directly.