Health & Social Care AS A2 at The Duston School
To understand the nature of Health and Social Care, students learning is applied to a range of work-related contexts, through links with local employers, case studies and research.
Health and Social Care is a vocational `A` Level, which:
- Enables students to gain an understanding of the key Health and Social Care pathways and the application of caring principles.
- Provides a broad introduction to the Health and Social Care sector by enhancing the vocational emphasis.
- Develops knowledge and understanding in realistic Health and Social Care contexts.
- Develops practical, presentation, personal, interpersonal and cognitive skills.
- Encourages students to organise their time, discuss, investigate and research, problem solve and explore.
- Uses theory to analyse real organisation.
- Provides the opportunity to understand practices and techniques used in organisations.
- Effective Caring
- Effective Communication
- Health, Illness and Disease
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Clients with Disabilities
- Research Methods and Perspectives
For entry to Health and Social Care at `A` Level you need to have 4 GCSEs at grades A* to C.
AS - 2 coursework assignments and an exam (1 hour 30 minutes)
A2 - 2 coursework assignments and an exam (2 hours)
This course develops a broad and varied skills base which is increasingly valued by employers and Higher Education institutions. Future progression in Health and Social Care related courses at university or employment within:
- Social Work
or employment within the caring sector.
For further details please contact Mrs V Hutchings or Mrs L M Payne.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Duston School directly.