Sport (Certificate in Sport) at Barton Peveril Sixth Form College
- GCSEs to include at least a C in English. Science advantageous
- Merit grade in a vocational Level 2 subject, if taken
- Equivalent to one A Level over two years
- Assessment based on coursework and exams
- Allows you to study sport within both academic and professional contexts
- Carries UCAS points, supporting progression to higher education
- Additional coaching awards are covered within the courses and you will be involved in coaching children and others in the local community.
Are you interested in becoming a PE teacher, a sports coach or manager, a fitness instructor or do you just enjoy learning about sport? If so, then one of the OCR Cambridge Technicals courses could be for you. The Cambridge Technicals are a new generation of vocational courses developed through exam board OCR’s links with the University of Cambridge. They are aimed at people who enjoy learning in a practical, work-related way and have been designed to provide high quality, industry recognised qualifications that acknowledge skills, knowledge and understanding of the sports sector together with the settings, job roles, principles and values involved. The course accredits your ability to carry out a range of tasks and achievements in modern, practical ways that are relevant to the work place and higher education. Every week you will be coaching children from local primary schools or assisting the local community within the sports and industry sector. The Certificate in Sport is equivalent to one A Level over two years.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Barton Peveril Sixth Form College directly.