BTEC Level 3 Applied Science at Teesdale School
The purpose of the Level 3 BTEC National Applied Science qualification is to prepare our sixth form students for a future career working in the science industry.
Due to the practical nature of this course it is hoped that our students gain the skills and knowledge to successfully apply for a job in this sector. Through careful selection of the non-mandatory units we hope to offer a diverse qualification which will match the needs of the local economy and as such place students at an advantage when seeking employment. The completion of this programme could also be used to satisfy entry requirements for further education or apprenticeship opportunities.
The Level 3 BTEC National Applied Science is a vocational or work-related qualification that is structured in the following ways:
- BTEC Level 3 National Certificate in Applied Science: 3 mandatory units that provide a combined total of 30 credits.
- BTEC Level 3 National Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Science: 3 mandatory units plus 3 optional units that provide a combined total of 60 credits.
- Fundamentals of science
- Working in the science industry
- Scientific practical techniques
Optional Units (required for the Subsidiary Diploma)
- Physiology of human body systems
- Biochemistry and biochemical techniques
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Teesdale School directly.