Health and Social Care Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in health and social care? Could you benefit from a practical introductory course? This course gives you a broad introduction to health and social, focusing on the needs of real job roles and situations. It allows you to develop the fundamental skills of the sector, and it brings your knowledge to the required level for a range of careers.
After completing the course, you will be able to work in a number of roles, including community support worker or care assistant. The course also prepares and enables learners to progress to a level 3 qualification and eventual careers including nursing, social work and residential care management.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Four GCSES grade D or above
- All students will require a satisfactory character reference
- You must have good standards of literacy and numeracy
- You should be motivated and enthusiastic about the subject and have the right personal attributes to work with vulnerable adults, young people or children
- During the interview stage, students with learning disabilities or additional learning needs should provide details and evidence of their needs
- You may be required to complete a DBS check at some campuses which will cost £44.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Externally assessed examinations
Completion of this course improves your employability and gives you important knowledge and skills. It will prepare you for a career in healthcare, social care or childcare, usually after further study.
In education, the course gives you a number of options. At Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, you could progress onto a number of courses, including:
- Childcare Level 3, available at:
- Health and Social Care Level 3, available at:
- Nursery Worker
- Occupational Therapist
- Social Worker
- Speech & Language Therapist
Programme code: 0103A02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.