Mechanical Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) at Alliance Learning
Mechanical engineering technicians, also known as mechanical fitters or installers, design, build, operate and service plant machinery and parts. They use a number of different skills in their work, depending on the job, for instance welding or CNC machining. A mechanical engineering apprenticeship is an ideal foundation to develop your skills in this field.
• Working and implementing health and safety procedures to produce components from engineering drawings.
• Producing engineering drawings using conventional and computer aided design (CAD) techniques.
• Use of computer aided manufacture and design - CAD, CAM and CNC.
• Measuring and marking out techniques.
• Selection and use of various hand tools for the production of hand fitting components.
• Use of conventional machinery such as lathes, drills and milling machines.
• Working on pneumatic / hydraulic circuits, components and assemblies.
• Repair and maintenance of mechanical assemblies.
Some employers require specific GSCE grades
Interested candidates should have the following skills & interests....
• Practical hand skills for handling tools, instruments and components
• Mathematical ability for engineering calculations
• Spoken and written communication skills
• Computer literacy
• Ability to understand engineering drawings
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Safety awareness is essential
You will be required to sit an English, Maths and ICT initial assessment before starting the Apprenticeship programme to check you are at a suitable level.
The National Minimum Apprenticeship wage is £3.30 per hour
Career Opportunities can include:
- Mechanical Production Engineer
- CNC Operator
- Design Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Service Engineer
Follow us on social media for Apprenticeship updates
Facebook - Alliance Learning Horwich
Twitter - @alhorwich
Instagram - alliance_learning
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.