German at Dudley Sixth
An in-depth study of a modern language at advanced level, including the major skills of writing, listening, reading and speaking. Other aims:
- To develop awareness of various aspects of the societies where German is spoken
- To develop a high level of communication skills and competence in German
- To extend students intellectually and develop their general study skills
- To prepare students for the use of German in work, further study or leisure.
Unit 1 - Spoken Expression and Response in German Unit 2 - Understanding and Written Response in German
Topics for units 1 and 2:
- Youth culture and concerns
- Lifestyle: health and fitness
- The world around us: travel, tourism, environmental issues and the German speaking world
- Education and employment.
- Education and employment
- Customs, religions, beliefs and traditions
- National and international events: past, present and future
- Literature and the arts.
You will require a grade B in German in addition to the general entry requirements.
- Units 1 - 3: speaking, listening, reading and writing exams
- Unit 4: translation, essay and research work.
Studying at Dudley Sixth is free of charge, but if other costs are a barrier to you studying with us, we aim to help you to access financial support. Examples of support that could be available include:
Students aged 16-18 attending a full-time further education course can apply for help with college related costs to the 16-18 Bursary Fund. More information about the 16-18 Bursary can be found at the website: www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/ or call 01384 363 555.
Care to Learn
Students aged under 20 needing help with childcare may be eligible for help with costs. More information is available from http://www.dfes.gov.uk/caretolearn or call 0300 303 8610.
The government has introduced a new scheme to provide free meals for eligible learners in Further Education. The purpose of this new scheme is to enable students who claim benefits or live with parents/guardians who claim benefits to access a healthy meal whilst at college without the cost becoming a burden. Call 01384 363 555 for more details.
Learner support fund
If you're 19 before you finish your studies then help is available through the Learner Support Fund (19+) which provides means-tested grants to help students aged 19+ with any additional costs of studying. Call 01384 363 555 for more details.
Free Bus Pass
If you are 16-18, and a student of Dudley Sixth, you will be eligible* for a free bus pass, as long as you live one mile away or further from where we are based, and are not already in receipt of other financial support.
*Students with disabilities who are unable to access public transport may still be able to receive help.
If you have costs other than those mentioned here, which make it difficult for you to start or complete a course, you should still apply for help.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.