Children's Care and Education (Early Years Education) CACHE Level 3 Diploma at Banbury and Bicester College
This programme combines theoretical study in college with practical experience. It aims to prepare you to work competently, safely and effectively with children and their families in a wide range of settings.
The Diploma (Early Years Educator) course aims to prepare people to work with children and their families in a range of professional settings.
There are 13 core units and seven specialist units that cover some of the topics below:
• child development
• play and learning
• health and safety in early years settings
• working with parents and others in early years
• supporting children’s speech, communication and language
• safeguarding in early years
• observation, assessment and planning
• supporting children’s personal, social and emotional development
• meeting children’s physical development, physical care and health needs
• supporting children’s literacy and numeracy development
• the early years foundation stage
• research skills
There are also three optional units. Assessment is through written assignments, internally marked and externally moderated, and evidence of practice. There is an externally assessed unit on child development . The course runs over two years and is full time.
You will need five GCSEs at grade C or above to include English and maths. If you are wishing to go into teacher training or pursue a medical career, you will also need a GCSE in science/distinction in a relevant full, level two course, excellent references from school, a clear DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services) check and health check.
Students may wish to progress to a Foundation Degree in Early Years or take specialist courses such as teacher training. You will need to fulfil the criteria for entry for further study. This qualification will confer occupational competency on learners and so students may wish to seek employment in nurseries, pre-schools or other early years settings on the successful completion of the course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Banbury and Bicester College directly.