Hairdressing Apprenticeship - NVQ Level 1 at Consortia Training
A Hairdressing NVQ can jump-start your career in hairdressing, and with the higher levels you could become a stylist and go on to be a Salon Manager.
To run your own Salon or specialise in particular Hair types or Hairdressing treatments, you might want to think about other qualifications too.
Level 1 will suit you if you are new to the industry and have little or no experience of hairdressing and barbering. You are looking to be a Hairdressing Assistant.
You complete four mandatory units at Level 1 and a number of optional units. These units are:
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Contribute to the development of effective working relationships
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Prepare for hair services and maintain work areas
- Assist with salon reception duties
- Blow dry hair
You will complete these units over a 36 week programme within our fully working salon and within a work placement in a hair, barbers or beauty salon.
All our tutors are qualified in hair and will assist you in every way possible to achieve your goal.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you must be between the ages of 16 – 18, and have an interest in the hair and beauty sector.
English and Maths support is also available for those learners who require it.
This course is fully funded by the government and, dependent on your circumstances, you may be entitled to further financial support.
These courses lead to:
- Own Business
- Company Representative
- Working on Cruise ships
- Health Farms
As part of the programme you may be required to complete Functional Maths and English at level 1. A tutor will support you in this to ensure that you get the best training available.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities is a big part of the Apprenticeship framework and will be embedded within your training.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills including; Creative thinking, reflective learning and team working will also be assessed and embedded within your course.
- You will also receive continued Information, Advice and Guidance to help you progress and complete your programme to the best of your abilities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Consortia Training directly.