Horticulture Level 2 Diploma at Shipley College
Interested in the environment?
A career in horticulture offers something for everyone. You can be creative - designing beautiful gardens and andscapes, or be more scientific - finding out the best times and places to plant.
This course is a great introduction to the skills and knowledge you need to form a solid base for a lifelong career.
Topics covered include
- practical horticultural skills and garden maintenance,
- how to use specialist tools and equipment
- Hard landscaping skills you will learn include laying patios, paving, fencing, lawn and hedge maintenance and using a wide range of horticultural machinery.
You will also do a work placement to build up practical hands-on experience. In addition, you have the opportunity to improve your English and maths.
- 2 GCSEs at grade D (3) or above, including English or a Level 1 at Pass grade, plus a GCSE grade D (3) in English.
- You will have an interview and further assessment to check the course is right for you.
- You need to have a keen interest in working outside with plants.
After successful completion of the course, you can progress on to the Horticulture BTEC Level 3 or an apprenticeship in Horticulture. The course can also lead to employment in landscaping, nurseries, garden design or being self employed as a gardener or landscaper.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shipley College directly.