Business OCR National Certificate 1 & 2 at The Duston School
National Certificates are designed to cater for those students who want to develop skills and knowledge through work-related learning. It provides a high quality, industry-recognised certificate, geared to vocational sector requirements.
This is a one year, full-time course including a one day a week placement in a Business environment. The course allows for greater use of active study and encourages independent learning.
The course offers exciting opportunities and advantages:
- It includes a one day a week work experience
- It develops key skills
- Promotes individual initiatives and includes group work
- Encourages imaginative learning techniques and methods
- Gives an insight into careers in Business
- Allows greater use of Active Learning and allows for individual needs
- Offers flexibility
There are no formal requirements for entry onto this course, however, an aptitude for coursework is essential.
All 6 modules are school assessed and externally verified by a visiting OCR Moderator. All modules are graded pass, merit or distinction. Modules are:
- Investigating Business
- Enterprise and Operations
- Finance in Business
- Communication in Business
- Promotion in Business
- Work experience in Business
This qualification is designed to enable students to enter employment at trainee level in a Business environment, or lead to progression to further qualifications.
For further details please contact Mrs V Hutchings.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Duston School directly.