Accessibility links

Music Technology A Level at Halesowen College

Course description

This programme is a structured study of Music Technology exploring Listening and Analysis, Music in Context, Production Skills and Music Theory. It is aimed at giving a comprehensive exploration in to the production and history of production of popular music.

The course utilises recording studios and our Apple Mac production suite to produce a portfolio of coursework consisting of sequencing and production tasks, this makes up 70% of the study. At the end of the course you will sit a Listening and Analysis paper with two focus genres of Music Context, History and Production, which makes up the remaining 30% of the course.

The best way to apply and keep in touch with us is by using iTracker, which you can access using your Facebook or Twitter account. Register now!

Entry requirements

  • 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
You may be advised to retake GCSE Science, depending on your chosen career. A working knowledge of Music Theory (Grade 3-5 recommended)

Assessment

In both the first and second years assessment is 70% coursework, based on three pieces and 30% is a single exam at the end of each year.

Further information

Good IT skills would be an advantage together with a passion for Music.

Music Technology combines well with Philosophy, History, Drama & Theatre Studies, Dance and English Literature.

The best way to apply and keep in touch with us is by using iTracker, which you can access using your Facebook or Twitter account. Register now!

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Halesowen College directly.

Last updated date: 27 October 2016
Provider logo

Key information

Venues