Psychology A Level at Bethnal Green Academy
Unit 1 Introducing Psychology – 50% of AS, 25% of A level
- Key approaches in Psychology – biological, behaviourist, social learning theory, cognitive, psychodynamic and the humanistic approach.
- Biopsychology and research methods.
- Gender development.
Unit 2 Social Psychology & Individual Differences – 50% of AS, 25% of A level
- Social facilitation/conformity/obedience.
- Memory – models/types and explanations of forgetting.
- Individual differences – anxieties/phobias – definitions/treatments and symptoms.
Unit 3 Child Development and Theories of Attachment – 25% of A Level
- The importance of attachment – short and long-term consequences of maternal deprivation.
We then study 2 further options:
- Schizophrenia and Mood Disorders.
- Forensic Psychology.
Unit 4 Debates around the Approaches and Methods used in Psychology – 25% of A level
This allows students to develop in more depth a critical understanding of the key theoretical approaches and to develop an appreciation of how science works in psychology.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bethnal Green Academy directly.