Music Tachnology at The Vale Academy
If you have a keen interest in recording and music creation this course is for you. Music
Technology offers a link for students who wish to study music through the use of technology, but who do not necessarily have the expertise on a musical instrument that a traditional musical course would demand. This could eventually lead to employment or opportunities within media and industry, such as radio, theatre, TV and recording studio work, as well as opportunities in I.T. related work.
WHAT WILL I LEARN ON THIS COURSE?
* How to record a variety of musical instruments using a wide range of techniques.
* How to edit and mix your recordings using the recording studio and music technology rooms in order to create a final CD.
* How to use sequencing software to produce professional sequences and backing tracks.
* How to arrange music from different styles for a variety of instruments.
* How to critically appraise commercial recordings from different areas of study.
* At A2 level you will study music for the moving image, through composition, recording
and sequencing work.
The college is equipped with a purpose built recording studio boasting up to 32 simultaneous
recording channels, the latest versions of Logic and Pro Tools software and a large selection of studio microphones covering all recording applications. The College has several Sixth Form work rooms, also well equipped with Apple Macs and recording studio equipment.
Our industry standard facilities provide excellent preparation for further studies at university and employment.
Preferably 5 GCSE's grade A-C
* BTEC/GCSE Music at Grade C or above or equivalent potential.
* Recording or sequencing experience with keyboard skills are an advantage though not essential.
* A general interest in creating/recording music.
* A willingness to take part in extra music theory/keyboard lessons where necessary.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Vale Academy directly.