Animal Care Level 2 at Achievement Training Ltd
This course is designed as the next step for learners with a basic understanding and experience in animal care, to develop their understanding and experience for the workplace and prepare for employment. Candidates will require a work placement in an animal care setting to further their experience.
The Animal Care Department has been running successfully for over 3 years; it has supported many adults and young people in gaining nationally recognised qualifications and progression in their chosen career paths in the Animal Care industry. The department works closely with a number of locally based organisations including Fitzworthy Riding Stables, Pet Project, Woodside Animal Sanctuary and Woodlands Veterinary Practice.
City and Guilds (NTPC) Level 2 Certificate, Extended Certificate and Diploma in Animal Care
These qualifications will meet the needs of learners in a centre-based environment who may wish to work in the animal care industry or progress to further learning and/or training.
Qualification allow you to develop underoinning knowledge whislt practising skills that could be used within employment in the animal care industry.
- Maintain Animal Health and Welfare
- Undertake Practical Animal Feeding
- Maintain Animal Accommodation
- Undertake Work Related Experience in the Land-based Industries
- Understand the Basic Principles of Animal Biology
- Introduction to the Principles and Practices of Animal Behaviour and Handling
- Understand the Principles and Practices of Animal Establishments
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Achievement Training Ltd directly.