Creative Media Production BTEC Level 1 Diploma at City of Westminster College
The BTEC Level 1 Diploma aims to:
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, understanding, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful employment opportunities
- Develop learners’ abilities in Creative Media Production through the knowledge and skills gained on completion of all units of the qualification
- Explore the Creative Media industry and related specialist sectors such as Video, Audio, Animation and Digital Photography
- The BTEC Introductory Diploma offers a broad introduction to a vocational sector and develops the personal skills and attributes that learners need in order to increase confidence in their ability to work, learn and achieve their full potential at Level 1.
- These skills and attributes, coupled with functional skills mapped to the qualifications, will form the basis of successful study at higher levels.
Subjects covered in this course include:
- Music Video Production
- Video Editing
- Exploring Digital Photography
- Understanding the Media Industries
- Radio Production
To be a successful applicant to our programmes in Media, Sound & Performing Arts you should have the following qualifications:
You will have an initial assessment of your literacy skills and will need to achieve a score of Entry Level 3 in order to gain access to the course.
You will also:
- Be aged between 16-19
- Have some achievement at GCSE grades E-G
- Motivated in following a vocational programme of study
- Demonstrate a commitment to working towards goals with your tutor
- You will take an initial assessment at the interview and will need to achieve a score of Entry Level 3 in order to gain access to the course.
All courses are subject to a successful and positive reference from a previous tutor or employer.
You will be assessed continually through practical project work, coursework, written assignments and presentations.
Progression to Level 2 courses in Creative Media Production or possibly Visual Arts.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Westminster College directly.