English Language/Literature AS/A2 Level (Linear) at Anglo European School
Component 1: Voices in Speech and Writing 40%
Voices in Speech and Writing: An Anthology
One drama text from a prescribed list.
Component 2: Varieties in Language and Literature 40%
● Society and the Individual
● Love and Loss
● Crossing Boundaries
Coursework: Investigating and Creating Texts 20%
Assignment 1 – two pieces of original writing:
one piece of fiction writing and
one piece of creative non-fiction writing.
Assignment 2 – one analytical commentary
reflecting on their studied texts and
the pieces of writing they have produced.
A grade B in GCSE English & English Literature.
Essay writing is a key feature of this course.
Paper one-2hours 30 mins
Written examination, lasting 2 hours 30 minutes.
● Two sections – students answer the question in Section A and one question on
their chosen drama text in Section B.
Paper 2 - 2 hours 30 mins
● Two sections – students answer one question from a choice of four in Section A
and one question from a choice of four in Section B.
● Section A – Unseen Prose Non-fiction Texts: one essay question on an unseen
prose non-fiction extract. The unseen extract is linked to the studied theme.
● Section B – Prose Fiction and Other Genres: one comparative essay question on one prose fiction anchor text and one other text from a theme.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Anglo European School directly.