Business - ABC Diploma in Fashion Retail level 3 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
This dynamic course will develop your interest in the fashion retail industry. It will also equip you with the skills, insight, knowledge and understanding to practically apply theory in the workplace to deliver a top quality customer experience in a fast moving environment.
You will study 5 mandatory units:
- Team management skills for retail
- You will explore what makes an effective team, what your own leadership style is and the possible impact this may have on team management. You will be required to demonstrate your team management skills in at least one Fashion Retail context.
- Understanding factors influencing the retail environment
- You will assess how external and internal influences on retail outlets can impact on continued success. You will also examine how the response of the manager of a retail outlet to these factors can influence an outlet’s success.
- Planning and developing ranges for retail
- You will identify and access appropriate data to inform planning of the range and you will explore the sales planning process. You are required to use typical sector specific software.
- Designing visual merchandising displays for retail
- Working to a specific brief you will develop the knowledge and skills to research and plan window displays and develop an in-store concept.
- Project skills for retail development
- You will gain project planning and development skills to develop solutions to problems within a Retail context. You will evaluate how ideas evolve in response to the professional context. You will need to combine knowledge and understanding of many aspects of the fashion retail environment.
You will also study 4-6 of the following optional units:
- Developing retail brands
- Promotional activities in retail
- Styling retail customers
- Creating digital image presentations for retail
- Understanding the evolution of retail
- Preparing for personal progression in retail
- In-store visual merchandising for successful retail
- Understanding security and loss prevention in retail
- Understanding the management of stock in retail
- Understanding how the effectiveness of store operations can be improved
These are supported by a work experience placement which is used for your assignments.
A final major project also enables you to study your chosen field of interest in depth.
• Group presentations
• Written assessments
• Group activities
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.